Thursday, April 23, 2009

Condi Rice Authorized Waterboarding

Fox News: Reports that Condi Rice the National Security Advisor in the first Bush Term gave the nod for the CIA to use waterboarding. Ms Rice become the Secretary of State in the second Bush Term. This brings the torture allegations in to the Oval Office, one can postulate that Rice would have mentioned the request to the President. As stated I approve of Waterboarding from 1 to forever if prevents terrorists attacks, its does make one feel odd to support torture, lets be honest about this, that's what we are talking about, but my opinions are best described as pre - 9/11 and after. I recall watching TV that afternoon UK time, I saw an individual in one of the towers, he was trying to get attention by using white paper or handkerchief to get attention, there was fire on the floor, later I saw people jump from the towers. Those images stuck with me for months, in the end I could no longer look at them, one such a tragic day but also if you watch something enough its losses its feeling. Thus avoided looking at footage of 9/11 but I learnt the lessons. Terrorists are no common criminals, they don't deserve their rights to be read to them, you catch them, you get the information out of them by what ever means and then you shoot them or throw them in to a hell hole. That simple folks.

No comments: