Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Frost/Nixon - The Movie

Have just seen Frost/Nixon the movie, had the great honour to see the stage play in London. I loved the play, the performances by Michael Sheen and Frank Langella showed why it is worth going to the theatre. Thus I was expecting great things from the movie, to be honest it was good, an intelligent film, worth getting, but must admit preferred the play. I think the battle between Frost and Nixon, on issues like Watergate and Vietnam works better in a theatre setting. When I think of the setting the play comes to mind, just two great actors going at it like heavy weight boxing champions, but through debate and argument. I don't know perhaps it was to polished, but I didn't get the feeling as in the theatre, the intensity level was lacking. One could argue that the Play is the Play the film is the film, but just that niggling thought that it missed the soul of the Play.

No comments: